Mid North Coast Camper Trailers Hire Agreement
Definitions in this Agreement
‘Hire agreement’ means the contract or agreement signed by the Hirer and the following terms and conditions will apply.
‘Hirer’ means the hirer of the Trailer and signature of the hire agreement and is the person or people nominated as drivers of the tow vehicle.
‘Owner’ refers to Mid North Coast Camper Trailers.
‘Rental Period’ means the agreed hire period between the hirer and Mid North Coast Camper Trailers.
‘Payments’ means any moneys due before and during the agreed hire period including deposits, bonds and excess insurance.
‘Trailer’ means the camper trailer and all accompanying equipment attached hereto or hired under this hire agreement.
1. Any persons named as the Hirer shall be fully responsible for the security of any Mid North Coast Camper Trailers trailer including all accompanying equipment and agree to keep the Trailer cleaned and maintained during the hire period.
2. The Hirer must hold a full Australian driver’s license or a valid international driver’s license with no previous driving convictions or have been refused insurance at any time.
3. The Hirers towing vehicle must be registered and covered by full comprehensive insurance throughout the rental period.
4. The Owner will hire the trailer and any other accompanying equipment in the contract to the hirer and at no time does the Hirer act as the owner’s agent or assume ownership and/or title of the hired equipment.
5. Hirers are required to follow the vehicle instructions as laid out by Mid North Coast Camper Trailers.
6. Mid North Coast Camper Trailers reserves the right to cancel the agreement with no refund if the Hirer towing vehicle is deemed unsuitable.
7. It will be the responsibility of the Hirer to contact Mid North Coast Camper Trailers in the event of lost property. Lost property will only be kept for 7 Days. Postage will be at the Hirer expense.
8. The hirer is responsible for ensuring goods and equipment are kept securely and undamaged until return or actually collected. All goods/equipment hired is done so at the hirers risk. The hirer will pay an excess of $1000 for each and every claim made for accidental damage or theft of any equipment in the possession of the Hirer for the period of the hire agreement.
9. The Hirer must notify the owner of travel arrangements and destinations of the trailer.
10. Minimum hire is deemed to be 4 days, no matter what time pickup and drop off is. E.g. Friday pick up, Monday return. A week hire is deemed to be 7 consecutive days, e.g. Saturday pickup, Friday return.
11. If the Hirer does not return the trailer and goods within 24hrs of the expiration of the hire period in this hire Agreement (or does not notify the owner of delay or return) the goods will be deemed to have been appropriated and will be reported to the police as stolen. Any cost incurred by the owner in recovering the trailer and accompanying equipment will be payable by the Hirer.
12. Any delay in returning the hired trailer or accompanying equipment will incur extra charges at the hiring rate.
13. By taking delivery of the trailer and any accompanying equipment and signing the Hire Agreement the Hirer has satisfied him/herself to the condition of the equipment and as to its suitability for his/her intended purpose and acknowledge receiving this trailer and equipment in good order.
14. The owner shall not be responsible to the Hirer in any way for items being unavailable at the commencement of the hire agreement and in that event the contract shall be at an end and the Owner shall refund all hire fees paid by the Hirer without deduction.
15. INDEMNITY The Hirer shall indemnify and keep indemnified and save harmless the Owner and the Owner’s servants and agents from all damages, suits, actions, claims and demands of every description whatsoever and howsoever arising either directly or indirectly from the use, maintenance, transport, operation of the goods or otherwise.
16. EXCLUSION OF LIABILITY the Owner shall not be liable to the Hirer or the Hirer’s servants or agents from and damages, suits, actions, claims and demands of every description whatsoever and howsoever arising either directly or indirectly from representations, warranties, terms and conditions expressed or implied (except in so far as statutory conditions and warranties cannot be excluded under Part V Division 2A of the Trade Practices Act (1974) or relevant State Legislation), use, maintenance, transport, operation of the goods or otherwise.
17. A deposit of $100 is required at the time of booking to secure the trailer. This amount will be deducted from the final fee with the balance payable before or at time of pickup.
18. The Hirer will be obligated to supply a credit/debit card for imprint as a security deposit. These card details will be held until a full inspection of the trailer and accompanying equipment has been completed, and deemed to be in acceptable order.
19. The Hirer will be notified within 7days of any damages or cleaning fees to be paid and will be given the option to have the card charged or to use another method of payment.
20. If another form of payment is chosen and payment is not received within 7 days of contact being made by Mid North Coast Camper Trailers, then the card held on file will be charged for the amount payable for damages or cleaning fee.
21. There will be no refund for goods returned earlier than noted on the hire agreement.
Cancellations terms are as follows:
22. Cancellation of the booking over 14 days prior to date of pickup, a $50 administration fee will be kept and any other monies paid will be refunded.
23. If cancellations are made within 14 days of pickup date the $100 booking deposit becomes non-refundable.
Cleaning and Maintenance
24. It is the responsibility of the hirer to return the vehicle in the same condition inside and out as the first day hire. Mid North Coast Camper Trailers supplies cleaning equipment to ensure the trailer can be cleaned before return.
25. The Hirer shall take good care of the equipment, keep it clean and in good repair and condition (reasonable wear and tear excepted) and is fair for proper care and maintenance in accordance with verbal and written instructions given to him by the owner, including but not limited to trailer lights, greasing and keeping the tires inflated to recommended levels.
26. The Hirer is responsible for checking wheel nuts and tyre treads on a regular basis and wheel nuts should be tightened every 1000 kilometres if traveling long distances.
27. A cleaning fee will be charged to the Hirer if the trailer and accompanying equipment is returned in an unclean or unfit condition. In the event of this Mid North Coast Camper Trailers will contact the hirer for preferred method of payment. If payment is not made then the card on file will be charged for the amount of cleaning needed.
Accident or Damage
28. In the event of an accident the hirer must obtain the registration number of the other vehicles, names and addresses, insurance details, driver’s license details, contact numbers of third parties and any witnesses. The hirer must then contact the police and fill in a full report and contact Mid North Coast Camper Trailers immediately with a reference number for the report taken by the police. The Trailer is not to be moved if it is deemed unsafe to travel.
29. The Hirer must not make any modifications or effect any repairs without the owners prior written consent.
30. The Hirer agrees at all times to permit the owner access to inspect and/or repair the hired goods.
31. The customer must report to the police any theft, accident or damage of any Mid North Coast Camper Trailers property caused by a third party during the hire period, and contact Mid North Coast Camper Trailers immediately to inform them of the incident.
32. In the case of a breakdown, the liability is that of the Hirer and it is the Hirer’s responsibility to ensure that the Trailer and its equipment are safe and secure. It will be at the Hirers expense to have the trailer returned by the end of the hire agreement if the tow vehicle is un-driveable.
33. If the hirer is involved in an accident causing damage to any hired goods the Hirer must notify Mid North Coast Camper Trailers forthwith and the hirer accepts full responsibility of all requirements of the owner’s insurers, to enable a claim to be made and the Hirer will be responsible for paying any insurance excess. The Hirer may elect to pay for damages if the claim is less than the insurance excess. All parts and labour will be equivalent to owners cost.
34. The Hirer agrees that Mid North Coast Camper Trailers will not be held responsible for the Hirer, or in any way be liable for any costs, thefts, personal or property damages, or claims from the customer. It is recommended that the Hirer to have their own personal travel insurance for the time of travel.
35. It is the responsibility of the Hirer to replace punctured, blown or shredded tyres at their own expense and must replace with the same make and model, where possible or of the same grade and quality. (i.e. no re-tread).
36. It will be the sole responsibility of the Hirer to arrange alternative accommodation due to any unforeseen circumstances that may arise during the booking period with the repair of the trailer if required. Mid North Coast Camper Trailers will not be held liable for any cost incurred by the hirer for alternate accommodation.
37. The Hirer will indemnify the owner against all actions, claims, and expenses, arising out of the condition of the trailer or accompanying equipment or the manner in which it was used whether caused by negligence of the Hirer or his servants or agents or by the negligence of any other person whatsoever.
38. All warranties and conditions other than those expressed in this agreement are hereby expressly excluded.
39. The trailer must be delivered back on time in the same condition as it was on the day of hiring.
40. As the Trailers are for general off road use, trailers can be taken on dirt roads and unsealed main roads. However, trailers are not to be taken on marked 4WD tracks or in any situation where 4WD on the Towing vehicle is to be engaged.
41. All Trailers are non-smoking and do not allow pets inside the interior. It is asked that any Smoking is to be done well away from the Trailer and any accompanying equipment. If it is believed that the trailer has been smoked in or near, this will incur a cleaning fee.
42. The Hirer must at all-time drive with due care and attention within the guidelines of each States road rules and regulations, including, not at any time driving under the influence of alcohol or drugs.
43. It is the sole responsibility of the Hirer to check all trailer lights, hitches and chains before traveling.
44. Before travelling, the Hirer must ensure that all stabilizer legs are retracted and that the jockey wheel is locked up and out of the way.
45. It is the responsibility of the Hirer to ensure that the towing vehicle complies with the tow bar specifications and regulations set for the hired Trailer.
46. It is the responsibility of the Hirer not to have the vehicle over loaded and in the event of this occurring, it is at the Hirers own risk and Mid North Coast Camper Trailers will not be held liable.
47. Any traffic infringements, parking fines, tolls or fees are the responsibility of the Hirer.
48. The Hirer shall comply with all legal requirements of all government authorities related to the use of the trailer and accompanying equipment.
49. The Law of all states of Australia shall apply to this hire agreement in all circumstances.